Thursday, July 18, 2013

Venice, Day 2

As if Venice needed to convince me more of its beauty, it shows me the "island of colour" -- Burano. Burano is very picturesque with its vibrant colors and shops of lace. The place here is very relaxing compared to the high tourist traffic of Venice. It is hard to imagine at first that there are people who actually live on such a tiny touristy island, but as I strolled through its streets, I began to understand Burano's attraction. 30 minutes away from the main island of Venice, Burano is often overlooked by the island of Murano, which is only 10 minutes away from Venice.

After we had an amazing seafood lunch in Burano, we decided to stop by Murano. It is known for its glass factories, but after Burano, Murano could not compare. We stayed there for only about 10 minutes before we left.

We re-visited the Bridge of Sighs and witnessed a traffic jam, Venetian-style.




























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo gorgeous! I missed Venice on my trip and I've always longed to see it! Love these photos. :)

-Jacelyn