Friday, July 19, 2013

Venice, Day 3

When I first heard of the Bridge of Sighs, I thought it was because people sigh when they see such a beautiful and romantic view. When I saw it for myself the first time, I sighed because of exasperation, thinking, "That's it?" But, from time to time, our sightseeing would take us past the bridge and each subsequent time I saw it, I grew quite fond of the bridge. Today, on our last day in Venice, I passed by the bridge again, and I sighed, this time because of content and sadness -- content because I have achieved my goal of coming to Venice and sadness because I have to leave this beloved city.

Because it was our last day here, we took it easy by going window shopping. We visited the fish market and hung out in San Marco Square. Our evening ended perfectly with a lovely dinner, entertained by the friendly, but goofy wait staff. I was even invited to dance with the chef, but I couldn't tell if they were joking; in any case, I shyly declined. I wanted to enjoy the last night with my sister and friend only. Plus, the perfect dinner made me miss my husband more and I realize that I have 9 days left of my vacation.

Grazie, Venezia, and arrivederci!












No comments: