Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Venice, Day 1

I almost cried when I stepped out of the train station and onto Venice soil --THIS is why I had come to Europe. Venice is as beautiful as I had imagined, yet more enchanting than what I could have hoped for. We bought tickets to the #2 Vaporetto to get to our quaint hotel, which is located by the Rialto Bridge. We paid €25 for 36 hours and because my sister is under 30 years old, she got a discount. After we checked in, we went back for a cruise around Venice on the Vaporetto; this enjoyable ride took almost 2 hours. We finally decided to stop at Piazza San Marco and took in the sights of Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace ), the Bridge of Sighs, and the various museums of St Mark's Square. Then we snaked through the narrow avenues back to our hotel. Because kitchens are closed between 5 - 8pm, we will be heading out to have dinner and Gelato again soon.



































No comments: