Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 9 - Capri

Due to wifi issues, I decided to wait until I got home before I updated the last entry of my tour. Thanks for your patience!

Our excited anticipation of visiting Capris was slightly dampened by a jaunting 1/2 hour boat ride to the island. At first, it was a lot of fun riding the large waves; we screamed and laughed as the sea tossed us up and down. Within 10 minutes, however, I could suddenly hear the muted silence of queasiness on the boat. I don't usually get motion sickness, but even I started to feel sick after about 20 minutes. Someone outside on the top deck puked over my tour guide and friend. Yuck.... So, on the ride to Naples after Capri, which was one hour, I took a Gravol -- highly recommended for anyone who gets motion sickness easily.

But, the view of Capris was spectacular and well-worth that tumultuous boat ride. Capris is the most expensive place to live in Italy and it is the origin of pizza.

This was the last day of our tour. Tomorrow is a travel day. (Turned out that on our third and last airplane ride, we had to turn around in mid-air to Pearson Airport in Toronto because of fuel problems on the plane; this after being on the flight for one hour already. Better safe than never, right? Our flight was delayed for another two hours and my students, who were starving for Canadian food, lined up at Tim Hortons and A&W Burgers. I'm so glad to be home.)







No comments: