Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 5-8 of Spring Break Europe

 Finally got WiFi again! However, it's very spotty, so I'll post photos another time.

Day 5 - Paris

At the Louvre, I expected the Mona Lisa to be tiny with a gazillion people crowded around to try to see it. It was true. I did not expect to fall in love with Spartacus...and the other sculptures of the Cour Marly and Cour Puget collections. Paris was so hard to leave behind.








Day 6 - Rome

Today, we visited the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica. I was stunned by how beautiful the ceiling and walls were of the Sistine Chapel; too bad we couldn't take photos of that particular room.








Day 7 - Rome

The Colosseum was the highlight of the day, but our tour guide, Gianmarco, took us on an unscheduled walking tour of Rome, which included the Roman Forum and Trevi Fountain. It is a city of exquisite beauty. I was awestruck by how buildings that are thousands of years old are still standing. If I thought saying goodbye to Paris was hard, then I am not looking forward to leaving Rome. I could see myself living here and wished myself at the Trevi Fountain to be surrounded by extraordinary beauty again.








Day 8 - Pompeii and Sorrento

Pompeii was a haunting classroom. It was eerie to walk around an ancient city that has been extinguished by lava and ash in 79 A.D. and re-discovered in 1748.

Sorrento, on the other hand, was a vibrant place despite the hail storm. The view from my hotel room was gorgeous.








No comments: