Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Waiting

Today I waited three hours to get my passport at the Richmond location, which is pretty good considering the 6-8 hour line-ups I heard about at the Vancouver Downtown and Surrey offices. Quick and painless once I got inside, but most of the waiting was done outside in the biting-cold wind. I brought a book along with me, but not my parka, gloves, or toque and I was freezing while reading my book.

Pre-marital counseling has been a lot of fun. If any couple getting married think they already know each other well enough not to attend a course, they will be surprised. I feel like I know D very well despite knowing him only for about two and half years, but taking inventory of and discussing the various aspects of our relationship is fascinating.

Yesterday, however, was the hardest pre-marital counseling session yet. So far, D and I have discussed relational history and giving and receiving love. Last night, we talked about communication and conflict resolution, two topics that expose vulnerability. D is like a rock, as always, but I open up like a flowing stream.

Anyway, I really enjoy my marriage preparation course with D and our two leaders, a husband and wife team. They are really fun, honest, and intelligent; they really help make this transitioning period for us easier to bear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you used the online form! I only had to wait 2.5 hours (inside the sinclair center) downtown about 1 1/2 months ago. Took me 3 weeks to get the passport mailed to me.

T